UFC on ESPN+1 took place on Saturday, December 19 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, marking the mixed martial arts promotion’s debut with new broadcasting partner ESPN. The event was headlined by a superfight between UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo and bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw.
The bout didn’t last long, with Cejudo cementing himself as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters on the planet with a 32-second shellacking of the 135-pound titleholder.
Cejudo vs. Dillashaw wasn’t without controversy, however, with many viewers and fighters questioning the stoppage.
In the co-main event, Greg Hardy was disqualified after an illegal knee which resulted in the first loss of his career.
UFC on ESPN+1 also delivered standout performances from Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Paige VanZant.
To relive the action, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has called on its high-definition, super slow-motion cameras to deliver the promotion’s one-of-a-kind “UFC on ESPN+ 1: Fight Motion” highlights. The highlights give you a better idea of just how punishing and damaging the best strikes of the night were.
You can check out the highlights in super slow motion below.
UFC on ESPN+1 Full Results
- Henry Cejudo def. T.J. Dillashaw via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:32 – to defend flyweight title
- Allen Crowder def. Greg Hardy via disqualification (illegal knee) – Round 2, 2:28
- Gregor Gillespie def. Yancy Medeiros via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:59
- Joseph Benavidez def. Dustin Ortiz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Paige VanZant def. Rachael Ostovich via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 1:52
- Glover Teixeira def. Karl Roberson via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:21
- Donald Cerrone def. Alexander Hernandez via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 3:43
- Joanne Calderwood def. Ariane Lipski via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Alonzo Menifield def. Vinicius Moreira via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:56
- Cory Sandhagen def. Mario Bautista via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:31
- Dennis Bermudez def. Te Edwards via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Geoff Neal def. Belal Muhammad via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Chance Rencountre def. Kyle Stewart via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:25