Yair Rodriguez capped off a busy night of fights at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado in spectacular fashion with his win over “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung in the main event of UFC Fight Night 139. The UFC could not have asked for a better way to end its 25th-anniversary event in the city where the promotion first got its start.
In a back-and-forth fight that Rodriguez was trailing on the judge’s scorecards, it came down to the final seconds — literally.
With the final bell approaching, Rodriguez and The Korean Zombie met in the center of the cage and exchanged a flurry of strikes before Rodriguez ducked, and threw a no-look uppercut elbow that landed right on the button. The Korean Zombie’s momentum carried him into the elbow and he immediately slumped to the canvas unconscious.
The official stoppage came with one second remaining in the fight at 4:59 of Round 5.
If you missed out on the incredible finish, we have you covered.
Check out Yair Rodriguez’s hail mary knockout win below:
UFC Fight Night 139 Results
- Yair Rodriguez def. Chan Sung Jung via knockout (elbow) – Round 5, 4:59
- Donald Cerrone def. Mike Perry via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:56
- Germaine de Randamie def. Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Beneil Dariush def. Thiago Moises via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maycee Barber def. Hannah Cifers via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:01
- Mike Trizano def. Luis Pena via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ashley Yoder def. Amanda Cooper via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Bobby Moffett def. Chas Skelly via TKO (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 2:43
- Davi Ramos def. John Gunther via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:57
- Devonte Smith def. Julian Erosa via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:46
- Eric Shelton def. Joseph Morales via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 30-27)
- Mark De La Rosa def. Joby Sanchez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)