Yair Rodriguez capped off UFC Fight Night 139 with a remarkable knockout over “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado. In a fight that he was trailing, Rodriguez landed a no-look uppercut elbow at the buzzer to score the hail mary win.
Rodriguez’s victory, which came at 4:59 in Round 5, tied a UFC record for the latest stoppage in history.
It was a perfect way to cap off the promotion’s 25th-anniversary event.
Following the fight, the UFC sent out a photo of the official judge’s scorecard which you can see above.
As you can see, Chan Sung Jung was well on his way to victory before the last-second knockout. Judge Sal D’Amato had The Korean Zombie ahead 39-37 along with judge Derek Cleary. Mark Van Tine, meanwhile, had the fight even at 38-38.
Ultimately, the scores did not matter with Rodriguez’s elbow beating the bell.
UFC Fight Night 139 Results
- Yair Rodriguez def. Chan Sung Jung via knockout (elbow) – Round 5, 4:59
- Donald Cerrone def. Mike Perry via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:56
- Germaine de Randamie def. Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Beneil Dariush def. Thiago Moises via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maycee Barber def. Hannah Cifers via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:01
- Mike Trizano def. Luis Pena via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ashley Yoder def. Amanda Cooper via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Bobby Moffett def. Chas Skelly via TKO (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 2:43
- Davi Ramos def. John Gunther via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:57
- Devonte Smith def. Julian Erosa via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:46
- Eric Shelton def. Joseph Morales via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 30-27)
- Mark De La Rosa def. Joby Sanchez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)