Donald Cerrone secured his spot in the record books following his UFC Fight Night 139 co-main event scrap with Mike Perry. “Cowboy” was able to secure an armbar in the opening round to earn the submission victory and broke two UFC records in the process as the promotion celebrated its 25th anniversary.
With the win, Cerrone became the UFC all-time wins leader with 21 and now holds the UFC record for most finishes in history with 15.
The victory also secured another $50,000 bonus for “Cowboy” Cerrone for Performance of the Night. Other bonuses went to main event participants Yair Rodriguez and “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung. The Korean Zombie picked up $50,000 for Fight of the Night, while Rodriguez’s bonuses came in at $100,000 with Fight of the Night and Performance of the Night for his hail mary elbow knockout.
If you missed out on the action, we have you covered.
The full fight video highlights from the UFC Fight Night 139 co-main event between Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Mike Perry can be seen below.
UFC Fight Night 139 Results
- Yair Rodriguez def. Chan Sung Jung via knockout (elbow) – Round 5, 4:59
- Donald Cerrone def. Mike Perry via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:56
- Germaine de Randamie def. Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Beneil Dariush def. Thiago Moises via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maycee Barber def. Hannah Cifers via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:01
- Mike Trizano def. Luis Pena via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ashley Yoder def. Amanda Cooper via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Bobby Moffett def. Chas Skelly via TKO (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 2:43
- Davi Ramos def. John Gunther via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:57
- Devonte Smith def. Julian Erosa via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:46
- Eric Shelton def. Joseph Morales via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 30-27)
- Mark De La Rosa def. Joby Sanchez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)