Nate Diaz made the decision to skip a scheduled media appearance nearly 48 hours ahead of his co-main event bout at UFC 241 this weekend. Diaz was expected to participate in UFC 241 Media Days at the host hotel featuring all 26 fighters on the card, but the Stockton, California native was not there.
According to MMAjunkie.com, Diaz had the approval of UFC president Dana White to skip the session.
Diaz made the decision to skip the media obligation after taking time to speak with the media earlier in the week at the UFC 241 Open Workouts — where he stole the show by sparking a CBD joint on the stage — on Wednesday, August 14.
“Nate addressed the media at length yesterday after open workouts covering all topics,” Zach Rosenfield, a spokesperson for Diaz, told ESPN.
Following the workout session, Diaz spent 11 minutes speaking with the media and taking their questions.
While speaking with reporters, Diaz was asked about his rivalry with Anthony Pettis and the perceived “beef” between the two fighters that dates back years.
“There’s no beef at all,” Diaz said in the scrum. “I’m OK. I’m here as a business man and a natural born killer, and I’m here to get the job done, and he’s the guy to do it on. It’s no problem. It’s all good with me. I’m just here to (expletive) kill and stay alive for the weekend.”
Up next for Nate Diaz is a meeting with Anthony Pettis in the co-main event of UFC 241 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on Saturday, August 17. It marks Diaz’s first fight in three years after taking a hiatus following his second fight against former two-division champion Conor McGregor. UFC 241 is headlined by a heavyweight championship bout between current titleholder Daniel Cormier and former champ Stipe Miocic. The main card will air on pay-per-view with the preliminary bouts on ESPN+ and ESPN.