Floyd Mayweather Jr. capped off 2018 by heading over to Saitama, Japan to take on 20-year-old Japanese kickboxing sensation Tenshin Nasukawa at RIZIN 14, the mixed martial arts promotion’s annual New Year’s Eve show. The two faced off in a three three-minute round exhibition boxing match.
And, well, it went about exactly as you would expect.
It looked just like you would expect a 50-0 boxing legend vs. a 20-year-old kid to look.
When the fight started, Mayweather, who was hours late to the arena and caused a delay, showed no respect for his opponent. With his hands down, Mayweather was openly laughing before opening up his attack.
Once Mayweather started to throw, he dropped Tenshin three times in two minutes.
That led to the Japanese kickboxer’s corner throwing in the towel.
It was exactly what everyone should have expected: a spectacle. But for his efforts, Mayweather earned a cool $9 million payday.
RIZIN 14 Results
- Floyd Mayweather def. Tenshin Nasukawa via first-round TKO (live round-by-round updates)
- Kyoji Horiguchi def. Darrion Caldwell via submission (guillotine choke) in R3
- Ayaka Hamasaki def. Kanna Asakura via submission (armbar) in R2
- Jiri Prochazka def. Brandon Halsey via KO (punches) in R1
- Gabi Garcia def. Barbara Nepomuceno via submission (keylock) in R1
- Damien Brown def. Daron Cruickshank via submission (guillotine choke) in R1
- Miyuu Yamamoto def. Mika Nagano via unanimous decision
- Kazuyuki Miyata def. Erson Yamamoto via submission (hammerlock) in R2
- Johnny Case def. Yusuke Yachi via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) in R2
- Yuki Motoya def. Justin Scoggins via submission (teepee choke) in R1
- Ulka Sasaki def. Manel Kape via unanimous decision
- Justyna Zofia Haba def. Shinju Nozawa-Auclair via submission at 3:41 of R2
- Tofiq Musayev def. Nobumitsu Tyson via TKO at 1:19 of R2