The Samsung Galaxy Fold will finally be releasing this fall, the company announced on Thursday, July 25. An official release date was not announced but the company did say it will be available in select markets beginning in September. The phone was originally set to release in April.
The release of Samsung’s first foldable device comes after the company worked on “necessary improvements” to get the phone to market.
One of the big issues, when the Samsung Galaxy Fold was sent out to reviewers, was that they mistook the device’s protective film for a disposible screen cover and removed it. That led to a number of broken screens and other issues. Since then, Samsung has worked on the protective shield and has also added caps to protect the phone’s hinge.
Along with a timeframe from the release, Samsung announced that the phone will retail for $1,980.
Here is what we know about the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Details
Release Date: September 2019
Measurements: 4.6 inch-smartphone which opens up to a 7.3-inch tablet
A full list of the Samsung Galaxy Fold improvements can be seen below.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Improvements
View this post on Instagram
Samsung announced today that they have made “improvements” to protect the Galaxy Fold’s screen and will begin selling it this September, for the same price of $1980. The Fold was supposed to go on sale this Spring, but due to severe issues with the display in review units, Samsung postponed shipping the device just days before it officially went on sale. #GalaxyFold #samsung #galaxy
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience:
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
That is all the information that is available at this time. This article will be updated with new and relevant information should it become available at any time. If there is anything that we missed, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.