Breaking Bad stars Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston created an uproar on social media Tuesday, June 25, when they both posted cryptic messages that teased an upcoming project. The two men both shared the same photo with the same caption which read: “Soon.”
The main belief is that the message is teasing the Breaking Bad sequel which is in the works by AMC and Netflix.
Vince Gilligan is also once again involved, reportedly set to work as the director and executive producer after writing the script for the project. Here is the message that Paul and Cranston shared.
Just how soon will we be learning about the Breaking Bad sequel? Let’s just get our popcorn ready.
Below is everything we know about the project so far.
Aaron Paul will reprise his role of Jesse Pinkman.
The Breaking Bad prequel, which still does not have an official title, will star Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman. The film will follow Pinkman’s escape from captivity and his quest for freedom.
The release date has yet to be announced.
While the movie began production in 2018, it is unclear when exactly the film will be released. Given the average time it takes to shoot and edit a feature-length movie, fans should expect the prequel to drop sometime in early 2020 — although this is merely speculation at this point.
While Bryan Cranston has not officially signed on, he’s more than willing.
“It’s a great story and there are a lot of people who felt that they wanted to see some kind of completion to some of these storylines that were left open. This idea, from what I’m told, gets into those — at least a couple of the character show were not completed, as far as their journey,” Cranston said
“I don’t know if there’s an appearance — flashbacks, flash forwards — but I’m excited about it because it’s Breaking Bad and it was the greatest professional period of my life and I can’t wait to see all those people again, even if I just come by to visit,”