Bellator 222 took place at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Friday, June 14. Following the event, the New York State Athletic Commission has handed down its medical suspensions for those who participated on the card and former champion Eduardo Dantas faces the longest lay-off after a brutal knockout.
Dantas could be sidelined for up to three months unless he is cleared.
Two fighters received 60-day suspensions, including Chael Sonnen who retired following his co-main event loss to Lyoto Machida and prospect Aaron Pico who suffered yet another brutal knockout loss to end the preliminary card.
How long will your favorite fighter be forced to sit out of action?
A full look at the medical suspensions for Bellator 222 can be seen below.
Bellator 222 Medical Suspensions
- Neiman Gracie: 14 days.
- Chael Sonnen: 60 days.
- Kyoji Horiguchi: 30 days.
- Darrion Caldwell: 30 days.
- Dillon Danis: 30 days.
- Max Humphrey: 14 days.
- Eduardo Dantas: 90 days.
- Adam Borics: 30 days.
- Aaron Pico: 60 days.
- Heather Hardy: 30 days.
- Gustavo Wurlitzer: 14 days.
- Oscar Vera: 14 days.
- Sebastian Ruiz: 45 days.
- Michael Wilcox: 45 days.
- Brandon Medina: 14 days.
- Nekruz Mirkhojaev: 30 days.
- Whitney Francois: 30 days.
- Kastroit Xeham: 30 days.
- Rena Kubota: 30 days.
- Ricky Bandejas: 30 days.
Bellator 222 Results
- Rory MacDonald def. Neiman Gracie via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 48-47) – to defend welterweight title/advance to WWGP final
- Lyoto Machida def. Chael Sonnen via TKO (knee, punches) – Round 2, 0:22
- Dillon Danis def. Max Humphrey via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:28
- Juan Archuleta def. Eduardo Dantas via knockout (punch) – Round 2, 4:59
- Kyoji Horiguchi def. Darrion Caldwell via unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46) – to win bantamweight title
- Taylor Turner def. Heather Hardy via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:53
- Adam Borics def. Aaron Pico via knockout (flying knee) – Round 2, 3:55
- Valerie Loureda def. Larkyn Dasch via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Lindsey VanZandt def. Rena Kubota via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:04
- Haim Gozali def. Gustavo Wurlitzer via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 4:02
- Mike Kimbel def. Sebastian Ruiz via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 30-27)
- Robson Gracie Jr. def. Oscar Vera via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:15
- Marcus Surin def. Nekruz Mirkhojaev via split decision (30-27, 27-29, 29-27)
- Phil Hawes def. Michael Wilcox via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 1, 5:00
- John Beneduce def. Kenny Rivera via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)