Former NFL star Greg Hardy made his official UFC debut at UFC on ESPN+1 on Saturday, January 19. Hardy entered the UFC with plenty of controversies due to his history of domestic violence, His debut against Allen Crowder in the co-main event of the promotion’s ESPN debut did nothing to change that.
Hardy began to fade in Round 2 after coming out strong, and the fight abruptly ended when Hardy landed a blatant illegal strike to the head of his opponent.
After the illegal strike, it was determined that Crowder could not continue and Hardy was given the first loss of his career due to disqualification.
Hardy was met with boos from the crowd as he left the cage.
A full look at the highlights from Hardy’s debut and the fight-ending illegal strike can be seen below.
The full results from Saturday’s event can be seen below.
UFC on ESPN+1 Results
- Allen Crowder def. Greg Hardy via disqualification (illegal knee) – Round 2, 2:28
- Gregor Gillespie def. Yancy Medeiros via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:59
- Joseph Benavidez def. Dustin Ortiz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Paige VanZant def. Rachael Ostovich via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 1:52
- Glover Teixeira def. Karl Roberson via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:21
- Donald Cerrone def. Alexander Hernandez via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 3:43
- Joanne Calderwood def. Ariane Lipski via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Alonzo Menifield def. Vinicius Moreira via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:56
- Cory Sandhagen def. Mario Bautista via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:31
- Dennis Bermudez def. Te Edwards via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Geoff Neal def. Belal Muhammad via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Chance Rencountre def. Kyle Stewart via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:25