On Saturday, December 8, the Ultimate Fighting Championship brings mixed martial arts fans UFC 231 live on pay-per-view from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The event will be headlined by two UFC title fights.
In the main event, featherweight champion Max Holloway will be putting his belt on the line against undefeated challenger Brian Ortega. In the co-main event, the vacant UFC women’s flyweight title will be on the line when former women’s bantamweight title challenger Valentina Shevchenko and former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk go toe-to-toe.
The main card also features Jimi Manuwa vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos, Gunnar Nelson vs. Alex Oliveira, and Kyle Bochniak vs. Hakeem Dawodu.
Ahead of the highly-anticipated pay-per-view event, UFC commentators John Gooden and Dan Hardy took the time to provide a tactical analysis of the contest with the tale of the tape and by taking an in-depth look at the highlights and careers of both fighters.
You can check out the full breakdown from “UFC 231: Inside the Octagon” below:
UFC 231 Viewing Information & Details
Event: UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega
Date: Saturday, December 8, 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Venue: Scotiabank Arena
Main Card Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass, FOX Sports 1, Pay-per-view
UFC 231 Fight Card
MAIN CARD (10:00 p.m. ET, pay-per-view)
- Champ Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega – for featherweight title
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk – for vacant women’s flyweight title
- Jimi Manuwa vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Alex Oliveira
- Kyle Bochniak vs. Hakeem Dawodu
PRELIMINARY CARD (8:00 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 1)
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Claudia Gadelha
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jessica Eye
- Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns
PRELIMINARY CARD (6:00 p.m. ET, UFC Fight Pass)
- Devin Clark vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez
- Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima
- Diego Ferreira vs. John Makdessi