“The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung and Yair Rodriguez put on an epic performance in the main event of UFC Fight Night 139 on Saturday, November 10. The event celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the main event was a perfect moment, with Rodriguez landing a hail mary, no-look uppercut elbow to finish the fight — which he was trailing — with just one second left on the clock.
Following the main event, both men were sent to the hospital for their wounds from the epic battle.
While at the hospital, The Korean Zombie and Rodriguez posed together for an epic photo to celebrate their bout; an instant classic.
Check out the photo below.
via Google Translate:
My pride is really bad .. I sell a lot .. Haha .. Still .. I love Taekwondo and I always express my congratulations to my young friend who is always polite. This match should be so satisfying. It’s really ok now! Thanks everyone!
What a war.
Congratulations to both men for putting on one of the best UFC fights we will see this year.
UFC Fight Night 139 Results
- Yair Rodriguez def. Chan Sung Jung via knockout (elbow) – Round 5, 4:59
- Donald Cerrone def. Mike Perry via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:56
- Germaine de Randamie def. Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Beneil Dariush def. Thiago Moises via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maycee Barber def. Hannah Cifers via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:01
- Mike Trizano def. Luis Pena via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ashley Yoder def. Amanda Cooper via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Bobby Moffett def. Chas Skelly via TKO (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 2:43
- Davi Ramos def. John Gunther via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:57
- Devonte Smith def. Julian Erosa via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:46
- Eric Shelton def. Joseph Morales via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 30-27)
- Mark De La Rosa def. Joby Sanchez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)