UFC 230 took place Saturday, November 3 at Madison Square Garden in New York City featuring a heavyweight championship bout between Daniel Cormier and Derrick Lewis, which Cormier dominated en route to defending his title via second-round submission. The co-main event featured a clash between top middleweight contenders Chris Weidman and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza, which earned each fighter a $50,000 bonus for Fight of the Night.
Other standout performances on the night were from main card participants Israel Adesanya and Jared Cannonier, who each picked up $50,000 Performance of the Night bonuses. Adesanya put on a spectacular showing against Derek Brunson to open the pay-per-view main card, while Cannonier was able to take care of David Branch.
To relive the action, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has called on its high-definition, super slow-motion cameras to deliver the promotion’s one-of-a-kind “UFC 230: Fight Motion” highlights. The highlights give you a better idea of just how punishing and damaging the best strikes of the night were.
You can check out the full super slow-motion video highlights from “UFC 230: Fight Motion” below.
UFC 230 Results
- Daniel Cormier def. Derrick Lewis via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:14
- Ronaldo Souza def. Chris Weidman via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 2:46
- Jared Cannonier def. David Branch via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 0:29
- Karl Roberson def. Jack Marshman via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Israel Adesanya def. Derek Brunson via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:51
- Jordan Rinaldi def. Jason Knight via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-26)
- Sijara Eubanks def. Roxanne Modafferi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sheymon Moraes def. Julio Arce via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-26)
- Lyman Good def. Ben Saunders via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 1:32
- Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata – majority draw (29-28, 28-28, 28-28)
- Shane Burgos def. Kurt Holobaugh via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:11
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima def. Adam Wieczorek via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)