The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced UFC 230, the promotion’s return to New York City’s iconic Madison Square Garden, will be headlined by a heavyweight championship bout between current titleholder Daniel Cormier and challenger Derrick Lewis, who scored an incredible comeback at UFC 229 when he knocked out Alexander Volkov in the closing moments of the fight.
It is a late addition to the card which was lacking a marquee main event, so the UFC has yet to put together any official promos or packages for the fight.
But don’t you worry, because MMA fans are already on it.
Shortly after it was announced that Cormier vs. Lewis would be serving as the headlining bout at UFC 230, fan-made hype videos began surfacing online. In fact, Derrick Lewis shared one of his own that brings some rare comedy to the promo world. Check it out:
There was another made that swiped the audio from the UFC 229 promo narrated by John Malkovich and dubbed it over some footage of Cormier and Lewis with some hilarious sound bites added in.
These are going to be tough to top.
The latest fight card for UFC 230 can be seen below.
UFC 230 Fight Card
- Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis — for the UFC heavyweight championship
- Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman
- David Branch vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Israel Adesanya vs. Derek Brunson
- Jack Marshman vs. Karl Roberson
- Jason Knight vs. Jordan Rinaldi
- Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata
- Julio Arce vs. Sheymon Moraes
- Sultan Aliev vs. Lyman Good
- Shane Burgos vs. Kurt Holobaugh
- Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte