Ah, Christmas time. It’s the most wonderful time of the year right? For two millennia people around the world have been observing Christmas with various traditions, both religious and secular. Christians celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Jesus, who’s teachings form the basis of their religion. Christmas customs include exchanging gifts, decorating a Christmas tree, sharing meals with family and friends and waiting for Santa.
December 25th has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1870 and has since shut down banks, post offices and other offices around the country.
Many people enjoy Christmas because it is a time to relax with family and friends and appreciate those close to you. Christmas is a time to be festive and fun. Many people spend time decorating and watching Christmas movies. Children love to leave letters and cookies for Santa in exchange for presents.
Many people through the years have expressed their thoughts on Christmas through songs or quotes, so snuggle up by the fire and share some of these Christmas quotes and sayings with your loved ones.
Christmas Quotes & Sayings
- “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” – Dr. Seuss
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” – Majorie Holmes
- “T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” – Clement Clarke Moore
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hills
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” – Edward Pola and George Wyle
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling. ” – Edna Ferber
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over the world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale