Wondering if the mail will be delivered on Veterans Day? Waiting to receive something super important like a past-due pay check or a birthday card from your mother-in-law? Or maybe you like browsing through your local pennysaver magazine and are waiting anxiously for the next issue of ads. Whatever the reason, you’re curious to find out if the mail will be delivered on this day dedicated to the men and women of the American armed forces.
Veterans Day was originally establish on November 11, 1919, on the one year anniversary of the first World War. However, it wasn’t until 1938 when this day was designated a national holiday. And since the United States Postal Services is a government agency, they’re also set to honor this day on November 11th by not delivering any mail. So, to answer the question…
Is There Mail Delivered On Veterans Day?
No, the United States Postal Service will not deliver mail on Veterans Day.
However, FedEx does provide normal delivery and pick-up services on this date. So, you won’t get anything from your mailperson, but you can still get a package delivered to your doorstep from your FedEx driver on Veterans Day. Major props to FedEx.
What are the other Postal Holidays?
Here’s a list of all the postal holidays, where you can expect no mail in your mailbox…
- Monday, January 2: New Year’s Day (observed)
- Monday, January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. birthday
- Monday, February 20: Washington’s Birthday
- Monday, May 29: Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4: Independence Day
- Monday, September 4: Labor Day
- Monday, October 9: Columbus Day
- Saturday, November 11: Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 23: Thanksgiving Day
- Monday, December 25: Christmas Day
Which national holidays to FedEx deliver mail on?
Here’s a list of all the national holidays, where FedEx still picks up and delivers packages to your doorstep…
- Monday, Jan. 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday, Feb. 20: Presidents Day
- Monday, Oct. 9: Columbus Day
- Saturday, Nov. 11: Veterans Day