Quantcast
Channel: Breaking News, Entertainment, Sports & College Life | COED
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 37839

London Bridge Lockdown: Full Story & Must-See Details

0
0

COED

People who lived and worked around Southwark Street had been allowed to re-enter their homes and businesses in the wake of Saturday night’s atrocities. But this lunchtime they were told to evacuate the buildings, with many on Twitter claiming they had been told not to return tomorrow.

What’s Happening?

The London Bridge is once again on lockdown following Saturday night’s terrorist attack. It is unclear what has caused this new lockdown, though witnesses are describing the scene on Twitter.

The Daily Star Online has reached out to Met Police for comment but have not yet received any details on why the premises are being evacuated once again.

This latest development comes soon after police released the identity of the third attacker – 22-year-old Youssef Zaghba. In addition, the last Whatsapp message from fellow attacker Khuram Butt has also been revealed.

Authorities are continuing to investigate whether or not the three attackers had any links with any other terror cells. The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the “fighters” that carried out the attack.

Each of the 12 people arrested in East London following the tragedy has been released without charges.


London Bridge Attack

On Saturday, June 3, Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba drove a hired van into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing people in the area around Borough Market. The trio of terrorists killed seven individuals and injured 48 more before armed officers killed all three within eight minutes of receiving a 999 call. The attack came just weeks after a suicide bomber detonated an explosive at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, killing 23 adults and children and injuring 119, 23 critically.

 

 


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 37839